BEAVERTON, Ore. (May 9, 2011)– Nike athlete Lucas Glover’s stunning putting performance at the Wells Fargo Championship led him to a dramatic victory, marking the third PGA Tour title of his career.
Using the Nike Method 003 putter, Glover ranked first in putts per greens in regulation and third in putts per round during the week. At one point in the tournament, Glover was up 8.3 in putts against the field. Currently, Glover leads the PGA Tour in strokes gained in putting with an average of 27.3 total putts gained in 23 measured rounds.
“I putted great all week, and I made some clutch putts on 16, 17 and 18,” said Glover.
The Nike Method features the distinctively visible Nike polymetal groove technology, which reduces skid and provides a truer roll, keeping the ball on line. The Method, which became available in February 2010, already has accumulated 26 wins on the professional tours worldwide, including three major championships. Most recently in April, Nike athlete Charl Schwartzel won The Masters with the Nike Method 004 prototype putter.
Glover, who also is a strong iron player, used Nike’s new VR Pro Combo irons, the same irons that fellow Nike athletes Jhonattan Vegas and Schwartzel won with at the Bob Hope Classic and Masters Tournament, respectively. He wore apparel from the Nike Golf Tour Collection and the popular Nike Lunar Control footwear.
Glover’s win brings to nine the number of wins by Nike athletes around the globe in 2011.
Other Nike Notes:
* Nike athlete Scott Jamieson from Scotland finished T-3 on the European Tour’s Spanish Open. This was his third top-10 finish of the year.
* Nike athlete Simon Dyson finished T-5 at the Spanish Open.
Glover’s Nike Arsenal
* Driver: Nike SQ Sumo Squared Tour, 9.5-degree
* Fairway Woods: Nike SQ II 3-wood/13-degree and 5-wood/19-degree
* Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo (3-PW)
* Wedges: Nike VR 54-degree, Nike VR Pro 60-degree
* Putter: Nike Method 003
* Ball: Nike ONE Tour D
* Apparel: Nike Golf Tour Collection
* Footwear: Nike Lunar Control
Nike Golf’s 2011 PGA Tour Victories
* Lucas Glover – Wells Fargo Championship
* Charl Schwartzel – The Masters Tournament
* Jhonattan Vegas – Bob Hope Classic
Nike Golf’s 2011 International Victories
* Paul Casey – Volvo Golf Champions (PGA European Tour)
* Charl Schwartzel – Joburg Open (PGA European Tour)
* Pablo Martin – Alfred Dunhill Championship (PGA European Tour)
Nike Golf’s 2011 Champions Tour Victories
* John Cook – Outback Steakhouse Pro-Am
* John Cook – Mitsubishi Electric Championship at Hualalai
Nike Golf’s 2011 Japan LPGA Tour Victories
* Kumiko Kaneda – Fuji-Sankei Classic
The Success of Nike Golf’s Method Putter is Amplified by Nike Athlete Lucas Glover’s Win
Copyright © 2006 -
Golf Club Business GolfClubBusiness.com, its partners and licensors. All Rights Reserved.
Find Us On » | Our Online Partners » eGolfDirectory.com | GolfCoursesAtTheBeach.com
|You Might Also Like » On The Grand Strand|
Scan For GolfClubBusiness's New Mobile Site!
Fully Automatic iPhone App!
We Suggest That You
Use Firefox! It's Faster!